Hey, guys! Breakfast has always been my favorite meal of the day, so when I gave up dairy, I had to make sure my vegan breakfast game was built strong. In case you haven't been following my Instagram stories, I've been experimenting with lots of new dairy-free breakfast recipes. They usually come out good, but some come out just too delicious not to share the love!
I'm suuuuper stoked to share this recipe for dairy-free strawberry pecan waffles. So yummy and so simple! So heat up your waffle maker and let's get mixin!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (I always use unbleached)
1 1/2 cups Almond Milk (I used unsweetened vanilla)
1 Banana (pureed)
1 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
2 Tsp Baking Powder
3/4 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Almond Meal, finely ground
5/8 Tsp Sea Salt
1 Tbs Coconut Sugar (you can use regular sugar)
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Pecans, roughly chopped
10 Small Strawberries (plus extra for the top!)
What To Do
Let your waffle maker heat up while you're making the mix
1. Start with a pureed banana (so that it looks like baby food) in a medium size bowl
2. Add almond milk, vanilla, and lemon juice- blend
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, sugar, almond meal, sea salt)
4. Gently fold the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients until just moistened
5. Gently fold in the pecans and strawberries until just combined
6. Spray waffle maker with coconut oil (or otherwise grease it) before pouring the mixture!
Enjoy topped with extra strawberries and some pure maple syrup. So. Much. Yum.
I'm sure I will make these countless times this Summer.